Newman’s Own, Inc. (“Newman’s Own”) is committed to protecting the privacy of our website visitors’ information.
In order to deliver personalized and relevant information to you through our website, we collect certain information from our web site users.
Information We Collect
In operating our website, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide directly to us by filling in forms on our site, such as name, address, phone number, e-mail address, any content submitted, and other information about yourself and your product choices, preferences and/or purchasing habits.
- From time to time you may also provide us with non-personally identifiable material, including information, suggestions, ideas, concepts, know-how, techniques, questions, comments, or other communications which you transmit to this website in any manner (“User Communications”). Such User Communications will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
By submitting a telephone number to Newman’s Own you agree that a representative of Newman’s Own can contact you at the number you provide, potentially using automated technology (including texts/SMS messaging) or a pre-recorded message. Your consent is not an obligation to receive any of our products.
A “cookie” is a piece of text which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, this cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer. They help us and our affiliates to improve our website. They present the content from our web site in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website. We track our users across time or across websites. However, our website does respond to web browser “do not track” signals and other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites. If you wish to opt-out of this online tracking, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website available at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Network Advertising Initiative’s website available at http://www.optout.networkadvertising.org, and/or Oracle’s website at https://www.oracle.com/legal/privacy/privacy-policy.html.
We do not use flash cookies on our web site.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our products to you in the best possible manner. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information relating to our products;
- To provide third parties with statistical information about the users of our website;
- To monitor and conduct an analysis of our web site traffic and usage patterns;
- To analyze trends.
Please note that Newman’s Own may use User Communications for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, reproduction, transmission, disclosure, publication, broadcast, development, manufacturing, and/or marketing in any manner whatsoever for any or all commercial or non-commercial purposes.
We will not use your information to target, segment, or profile individuals based on health (including pregnancy), negative financial status or condition, political affiliation or beliefs, racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical affiliation or beliefs, sex life or sexual orientation, trade union membership, data relating to alleged or actual commission of a crime, or for any unlawful or discriminatory purpose or in a manner that would be inconsistent with your reasonable expectation of privacy.
Newman’s Own’s website uses commercially reasonable security measures to protect our website users’ information. Nonetheless, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically on our website, and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any affiliated business entities or third parties necessary to provide products to you or to conduct analytics on our users and product preferences and purchasing patterns. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any), as well as third parties involved in providing our products to you. We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties, such as:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party, whether through bankruptcy proceedings or other sale or merger.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- When we are contractually obligated to disclose it.
- To third-party service providers that we employ to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and targeted advertising, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes unless permitted by law to do so.
Otherwise, we do not share your personal information to third parties unless it is to provide you with our products or conduct analytics and/or market research on our customer base and product purchasing trends. Information submitted to us is also available to employees managing this information for purposes of contacting you or sending you e-mails based on your requesting information from us through our web site. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Communications with Newman’s Own
There is a section of our website where forms require your name and e-mail address. These forms provide the ability to opt-in to receiving future emails of any sort from Newman’s Own. If you opt-in to receiving email communications from us, then we may send information to you about our products.
You may review and change your contact information and/or opt-in choices with us at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link or similar found at the bottom of emails sent via our system.
In order to determine a user’s ability to receive HTML email in addition to whether or not an email has been opened, Newman’s Own includes a “web beacon” in a majority of the HTML email messages we send. A web beacon (actually a small .gif image) is activated when an HTML email is opened via a request for the image on our servers.
This capability helps Newman’s Own send email in a format users can read and enables Newman’s Own to track the aggregate number of emails opened. The web beacon does not collect any personally identifiable information. Users that do not want to receive email messages with web beacons can choose to receive their emails in text (non-HTML) format.
We also have the capability to track when a URL has been clicked inside of an email message sent by our system. We use this functionality to track which links were clicked and in what quantity, as well as the aggregate number of links clicked. This click tracking functionality does not collect any personally identifiable information.
Links to Third Party Web Sites
Newman’s Own is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any other web sites to which we link. By accessing third party web sites through our web site, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those web sites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Users Only of Legal Age of Majority
Our web site is designed and intended for those who have reached the age of majority (18 years of age). By using our web site, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age or older. We are not liable for any damages that may result from a user’s misrepresentation of age.
No one under age 13 is authorized to submit or post any information, including personally identifying information, on our web site. Under no circumstances may anyone under age 13 use our web site. Parents or legal guardians of children under 13 cannot agree to these terms on their behalf.
FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS:
If you are a resident of California, effective January 1, 2020, you have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”):
- to know what categories of personal information about you we have collected, including how the personal information was collected;
- to know what categories of personal information are being sold or disclosed and if it is being sold or disclosed to third parties and a list of categories of information that are sold. Note that Newman’s Own, Inc. does not sell your personal information;
- to opt out of the sale of your personal information (click here for more information on “Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-in Rights”);
- to access your personal information, including the right to download or transfer personal information collected during the previous 12 months (click here for more information on “Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights”);
- to request that your personal information be deleted (click here for more information on “Deletion Request Rights”); and
- to equal service and equal price for goods or services even if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If you are a California resident and you want to exercise any of your rights as set forth above, please contact us at 1-800-277-4424 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For all requests, it is helpful to put the statement “California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, describe the nature of your request, and provide your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In your request, you need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. You will also need to provide enough information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person that we collected information about. For more information click here.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Newman’s Own, Inc.
One Morningside Drive North
Westport, CT 06880
Effective Date: January 1, 2020